Friday, January 18, 2008

Transporter Technology

One of the most influential technologies used on the television series Star Trek is the Transporter system. Where crew members are "beamed" large distances in a "matter stream" to a selected target area.

I know that the government has commisioned studies to explore the feasability of such items and that the technology found most probable to exist was a Star Gate like transportation system.

It is rumored that this was the technology that Chinese-American scientist Wen Ho Lee was working on when he was accussed of selling secrets to the Chinese government.

While I doubt that I will ever see or use such a technology I think it is important that I keep alive the hope of future generations flying or whatever it will be called across the galaxy.

While there were several other transporter like technologies that were investigated, remember, Gate travel may very well be the first one seen by human beings.

No comments: